Loon Bay Lane Cottage
Beautiful year-round 4 bedroom home with all the modern conveniences. Fantastic view and excellent deep, weedless swimming (one area is step down into water for wading, but not really a beach). Two stories with walk-out basement and fenced doggie area. Huge deck, with additional sitting and fire pit on top of boathouse. Plenty of parking right at your door and across the road. BBQ grill and huge deck for lake views of sunrise.
(linens not included)
Lower Oak Leaf Road to Slack Road. Follow Slack Road for 2 1/2 km to Loon Bay Lane on left. Follow Loon Bay Lane 1 km near the end is #962 just after sharp turn to right and small hill (fire number at lot).
This is equipped as a house. Water is potable (lake water through an ultraviolet filter system, checked annually). The main floor has Master bedroom, 2nd bedroom, bathrooms, kitchen, living/dining room plus walkout to 42' southeast-facing deck shaded by two large trees. This makes the upstairs perfect for anyone who has problems with stairs. There is no air conditioning but lots of windows. The breeze from the lake is usually enough to keep things very comfortable. Besides, there's nothing like falling asleep with the sound of the loons!
· Master: 12' X 12' Queen Size bed (mattress 4 years old with pillow-top). Two dressers, closet, beautiful view of lake. Wood floor with area rug.
· 2nd Main Floor Bedroom: 12' X 12' two twin beds. Both have down comforters. Dresser and closet. Forest view. Wood floor with area rug.
· Lower Level 3rd Bedroom: 12' X 12' Double bed, dresser, closet and desk. Beautiful lake-view. This bedroom is in the basement but is above ground due to slope of lot. Carpeted
· Lower Level 4th Bedroom: 12' X 12' Twin bed, dresser. Also above ground with beautiful lake view. Ceramic tile.
Kitchen: Glass- top stove, full sized fridge, coffee maker, microwave, lots of cupboards, full set of dishes, cutlery, baking and cooking utensils.
BBQ Gas Grill located outside kitchen door.
2 Bathrooms: 1 -4 piece bathroom, ceramic floors, full tub/shower with ceramic tile
1 - 2 piece powder room, ceramic floors
Dining/living room: 28' X 18' with incredible view of lake and walkout to 42' deck
· dining table seats 6 comfortably
· 3 person couch, two wing chairs in living room
Family Room: 16' X 12'
· Has 42" LCD tv with DVD player and tons of movies. 3 person couch plus chair.
· Sliding doors to 8' X 8' screened porch and walkout to decks and lake. Nice and cool in the summer!
· Ceramic tile
Full Sized Washer and Dryer and deep-freeze located in utility room in basement
· 20' X 20' cement-topped boathouse, excellent for sunbathing and picnics.
· Shoreline is a cement break-wall about 10' X 40' with cement stairs into water. Water is about 4' deep at shore so not suitable for toddlers. Excellent weed-free swimming!
· 28' floating dock with swim ladder. Water depth at end of dock is 15' Have had float-planes tie up to dock.
· 2 kayaks included with rental.
NOTE: Boathouse slip with lift is not available to renters.
DOGS are allowed, with strict restrictions listed on this website information page regarding cleanup. Attached kennel with doggy-door to the house available.
Potable water from taps.
Plenty of parking on main property and at garage, across street. Please do not park on neighbor's property.
PLEASE LEAVE PLACE AS CLEAN AS YOU FOUND IT; minimum broom-clean, sinks, shower, toilet clean, dishes washed and put away (including from dishwashers if avail), no food left in fridge except possibly condiments;
PLEASE NOTIFY KELSEY’S MARINA OF ANY PERCEIVED PROBLEMS UPON ARRIVAL SO THAT YOU ARE NOT HELD RESPONSIBLE.
Thank you. We hope you enjoy your stay on beautiful Charleston Lake!